HVAC/Electrical Instructor Part-Time
RemoteOrlando, Florida, United StatesEnterprise
Our success lies at the powerful intersection of people and technology. Bringing innovative training and education solutions to more than 2 million customers a year, Certus enables lifelong learners at every level — from trusted industry brands, such as Amazon, Siemens, Geico and Chick-fil-A, to individual learners seeking to enter, sustain or advance their careers. Our people come with a get-it-done spirit and a desire to impact a rapidly growing industry. Certus is committed to continuously evolving to ensure a culture where employees can be themselves, do their best work, and thrive, both professionally and personally. We choose to be a remote workforce so we can hire top talent regardless of location — all while empowering employees to work from wherever they choose. Innovative, brave, kind and diverse are defining traits of our team. Our talent is positioned in numerous roles, with opportunity for internal mobility, such as software engineers, instructional designers, creative writers, consultative sales professionals, innovative marketers and more.
TPC Training, a division of Certus, is the Nation’s leader in practical skills training for maintenance workers. We are actively recruiting for candidates with the technical skills & field experience combined with the ability to train others in person and virtually. Our technical trainers lead classes from 5 up to 25 students through open enrollment events or onsite at an employer. Clients include organizations like Amazon, Pfizer, the FAA, Dupont, and many more.
- Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- Air Conditioning Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Boiler Operation, Maintenance, and Safety
- Chilled Water Systems
- HVAC Electrical Controls & Air Distribution
- Water Treatment for Boilers, Chillers, and Cooling Towers
- Basic Electricity
- Electrical Troubleshooting
- Arc Flash Electrical Safety & NFPA 70E
- Pumps & Pumps Systems
Course Overviews can be viewed at www.tpctraining.com
Candidates applying for this position must possess:
- Field experience as an Industrial Maintenance Technician or Skilled Trades Training: 10 years.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Customer service mindset with ability and passion to share your knowledge and experience.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to manage training support equipment up to 90 pounds.
- An Associate’s degree or higher or a license/certification for the discipline.
While our headquarters are located in Orlando, FL. instructors are remote based and commute to the assignments from their closest major airport.
This position is part-time, our instructor pay starts at $475/teaching day. They are anticipated to teach 50 - 100 days/year.
EEO Statement: Certus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.